Player locomotion and movement options.
There are four basic types of locomotion:
- Classic VR teleport that uses a pointer and floor marker.
- Dash Teleport:
- Similar to Teleport, however there is more feeling of movement.
- Plus the edge of the screen dims slightly when moving for comfort.
- Walk in Place (experimental):
- Arm swinging style of movement, speed of arm swing affects movement speed.
- Direction is adjusted by rotating the head and controls in the desired direction.
- Smooth Locomotion:
- This is an analogue joystick style of free movement.
- Depending on controller type uses the touch-pad or joystick.
- Touch / push in the direction you want to move.
- Push / click to move faster in the same direction.
Activate locomotion by pressing down on the left controller touch-pad / joystick by default. Note that the preferred default controller side (left / right) can be changed in the Game Settings on the Actions Assistant.
Additionally – there is a Snap Turning option that can be enabled in the Locomotion settings on the Actions Assistant. This is activated by touching / pushing to the let / right on the controller touch-pad / joystick, depending on connected device type.
There is also an option to move the Snap Turning to the opposite controller, so that it does not interfere with other locomotion interactions.